Friday, January 31, 2014

Wine Tasting: Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg



Name: Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg
Variety: 
Silvaner
Region: Rheinhessen
Country: Germany
Year: 2010
Price: $18

Shop review: 
The fruity, mouthwatering wine has a nice acidity-sugar balance and comes from the so called 'Rheinhessen-Switzerland', the heartland of Rheinhessen. It has a floral bouquet and is full of lemon zest, hint of passion fruit, and smells like yellow fruit, lemon-grass and green tea, all wrapped around a pleasant creaminess and a semi-dry profile. The finish is zippy and refreshing. Perfect for party on the deck as it comes in a liter bottle!


My review:  This was the last wine of the day that I tasted, and it was a good one to end with. The wine smelled like peaches, and tasted like peaches and apricots. This wine was extremely sweet, and had I not have just drank three dry wines beforehand, it would have been too much. I could see this wine pairing well with some food, but by itself it would be far too sweet for me. Still, this was one of my favorites of the day, and will definitely drink it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment