Sunday, May 4, 2014

Wine Tasting: Achaval Ferrer Malbec Cabernet Sauvignon





Name:  Achaval Ferrer
Variety: Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $50

Shop review: 
This racy, supple Cabernet boasts a pure core of raspberry, cassis and black cherry coulis notes fortified by bright acidity and a firm, minerally backbone. Long, offering fine tannins and an aftertaste of crushed berries and graphite. Drink now through 2016.

My review:  On sale for $25. Again, I was hoping that this wine would be good, because I was looking to get a case of something to age, but this was fairly disappointing as well. It was very dry and tannic, which I liked, but it didn't have much flavor other than some hints of blackberry and cherry. I've had better wines that were much cheaper, even when compared to the sale price.


No comments:

Post a Comment