Sunday, April 27, 2014

Wine Tasting: Chateau Morrisette Angel Chardonnay


Angel Chardonnay Image
Name:  Chateau Morrisette Angel Chardonnay
Variety: Primarily Chardonnay, with Vidal Blanc, Riesling, and Viognier
Region: Virginia
Country: United States
Price: $13

Shop review: 
Featuring citrus and pineapple aromas, this light Chardonnay delights the taste buds with a soft entry, entrancing apple character, and lingering acidity. A fruit forward wine bestowed with a heavenly smooth finish, Angel is a blend of tank and barrel fermented Chardonnay, lightened with Vidal Blanc.  


My review:  This was easily the best "Chardonnay" I've ever had. I know it really shouldn't count, because it is blended and not a varietal Chardonnay, but I was very impressed with this. The wine smelled somewhat fruity, with some citrus and pineapple, and was very refreshing after tasting some fairly lackluster reds right before this. The wine was extremely smooth, with a small amount of acidity with the fruit. I enjoyed it so much that this was the wine that I ended up selecting at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment