Saturday, April 19, 2014

Wine Tasting: Georges DuBoeuf Beaujolais Nouveau (2)

Name:  Georges DuBoeuf Beaujolais Nouveau
Variety: Gamay
Region: Beaujolais
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: $15

Shop review: 
Balanced and lightly creamy, offering pretty flavors of plum sauce and raspberry coulis threaded with hints of ground spice. Elegant, with a floral finish. Drink now.


My review:  This is the second time I've tasted this wine. I said in my previous post that I would be interested in trying it again, because it was so complex. I regret that decision. Before, I had tasted menthol, plum, and raspberry jam, where as this time I tasted what I could only describe as a forest floor that was littered with raspberries. There was not much flavor, but there was a strong alcohol finish. It also smelled like dark cherry and feet, which wasn't the most appetizing thing in the world. After two tries, I can say that I would not get this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment