Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wine Tasting: Sonnenband Moscato Magnum

Name: Sonnenband Moscato Magnum
Variety: Moscato
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $20

Shop review: 
This wine is intricate with the delicate perfumes of white flower blossoms, profound tropical fruit sweetness, and energized by citrus nectar.


My review:  Just from looking at the wine, I was immediately biased against it. The previous week I had tasted a different sweet moscato, which was also inexpensive for such a large bottle. On the nose it was flowery, with some mango and nectarine. Surprisingly, the wine didn't have an overbearing sweet smell. The taste, however, was extremely sweet. It was very syrupy, but was also very thin and light bodied. It mostly reminded me of small, sweet clementines. While not my favorite of the day, I did like it more than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment