Friday, February 7, 2014

Wine Tasting: Fetzer Malbec

Name: Fetzer
Variety: Malbec
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $15

Shop review: 
Delicious Malbec is 100% from Mendoza, Argentina. It has a vibrant red color with violet tones. Subtle and delicious aromas with an intense mixture of red fruits, plum and cherry jam. On the palate it’s juicy and has intense wood-like tannins that make it a rustic, yet versatile wine. Long finish.


My review:  This was my favorite wine of the day. The wine had a good blend of smells, from cherry to strawberry, and even a lightness that I can only describe as minty and fruity. The wine was not very dry, but it did have a nice little bite to it from the relatively high (13%) alcohol content. The wine was slightly sweet, and tasted somewhat of strawberries. Despite the fruitiness, the wine had a nice full body. The wine had a very smooth finish to it, followed by the minty and fruity aftertaste again. I will be having this wine again, as I took a bottle home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment