Friday, February 7, 2014

Wine Tasting: Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Moscato

Name: Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Moscato
Variety: Moscato
Region: South Australia
Price: $15

Shop review: 
This is a tasty and generous Moscato  that opens with plush aromas of honey, peach syrup, white flower and fragrant exotic fruit. There’s a nice sensation of fullness and creaminess in the mouth that is backed by the foamy effervescence of this sparkling dessert wine.

My review:  This wine smelled very strongly of fruit at first, but then I noticed the sugary smell. It was almost like sticking my face in a bowl of sugar and taking a whiff. And then I tasted it. Wow, this wine was sweet. Way, way too sweet. I've had sparkling wine before, so I was expecting some bubbles, but I barely noticed them after being buried in sugar. I'm fairly certain that if I had any more than the small amount I had to taste, I would've developed diabetes. There was a small taste of peach and pineapple, but everything was masked by how sweet this wine was. It would have been really good otherwise, but I doubt I will have this again. There are other sweet, sparkling wines that I prefer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment