Sunday, March 2, 2014

Wine Tasting: Belrame Tocai Friulano

Name: Belrame
Variety: 
Tocai Friulano (Sauvignon Vert)

Region: Friuli
Country: Italy
Year: 2009
Price: $15


Shop review: 
 Straw-colored yellow with a pale green tint express an intense, delicately aromatic and floral bouquet. The flavor is dry, soft, slightly fruity, with slightly bitter nuance in its almond aftertaste, and suggestion of peach.

My review:  My first thought when smelling this wine was that it had an almond nose, which I thought was a strange thing to smell in a wine, until I read the shop review and realized that they had also said that it had hints of almond. Apart from that, there was a smell of fresh cut grass and flowers. As  for taste, the wine was not very sweet, but also not very dry. It most resembled old grape juice, which I didn't really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment