Sunday, March 2, 2014

Wine Tasting: CalNaturale Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: CalNaturale
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon

Region: Paso Robles, California
Country: United States
Year: 2009
Price: $16


Shop review:  
95 % Cabernet Sauvignon with 5% Viognier this certified organic winery produces outstanding quality at reasonable prices offering classic Cabernet flavors of fresh herb, olive, cedar and cassis. Focused and intense, with a charming rustic side and broad tannins that firm up on the finish.

My review:  This wine had a very different nose than most Cabernet Sauvignon I've had in the past. It had a very mossy, woody smell to it, but at the same time was somewhat vinegary. I'm not sure if it was my mind playing tricks on me because it was in a juice box, but I also smelled some plastic. To taste, the wine was actually very good. It was very bold and dry, and had blackberry and cranberry undertones. While it was very good, I'm not sure if I would have this again, if only because I can't get over the fact that it it looks like it should come with a bendy straw. Maybe it would be perfect for a picnic though.

No comments:

Post a Comment