Sunday, March 23, 2014

Wine Tasting: R Wines Eco.Love Riesling

Name:  R Wines Eco.Love
Variety: Riesling

Region: South Island
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2012
Price: $18

Shop review: 
Our South Island Riesling has a range and combination of flavors unlike any other. These flavors span citrus, root ginger, white peach, spices and florals. Eco.love Riesling is made in balance to an off-dry style. Food Pairing: Asian Fusion, Seafood, Curry, and anything spicy.

My review:  This wine didn't smell very sweet or dry, which is something that most Riesling's I've had have been very distinctive in. There was slight hints of peach on the nose, but otherwise I had to really struggle to get anything out of this wine. There was not much flavor, other than some kind of floral taste, again not being either sweet or dry. I wouldn't get this again, because I've had much better sweet and dry Rieslings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment