Sunday, March 2, 2014

Wine Tasting: First Light Moscato

Name: First Light
Variety: Moscato

Country: Australia
Price: $15

Shop review:  
Ripe lychee, tropical fruits and musk on the nose as you near the glass. Lovely grape and stone fruits and on the palate is highlighted with the subtle sweetness and spritz that makes this such a fun drink. Low in alcohol and nicely balanced acidity ensure you will want more than one glass of this easy drinking wine.

My review:  I went into this wine knowing it was going to be sweet for me, and I was right. It smelled like sweet carbonated water, which is not something I'm fond of. It actually didn't taste too sweet though, which I found surprising. The wine at a bit of a fizz to it, and tasted of  tropical fruit, mostly papaya and pineapple. Of all the sweet moscato I've tasted in the past few weeks, this one was my favorite, but I still would rather have a nice, dry malbec.

No comments:

Post a Comment